Treatment Modalities in Head and Neck Cancer: Options and Evidence – Live Webinar
Presented by: Kelly Salmon, SLPD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S, CLT-LANA
May 27th, 2020
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Identify the unique anatomic and physiologic challenges to dysphagia therapy that present in individuals treated for head and neck cancer.
- List at least three modalities that could be considered as part of a comprehensive dysphagia treatment plan for the HNC survivor.
- Describe how the multidisciplinary team factors into the management of dysphagia post-HNC treatment
- 8:30pm-8:40pm: Speaker and Topic Introduction, Learning Objectives
- 8:40pm-8:50pm: Introduction to Head and Neck Cancer (sites, staging, treatment options)
- 8:50pm-9:20pm: Challenges to the treatment of dysphagia in HNC patients
- 9:20pm-9:50pm: Current Approaches and Modalities for Dysphagia Management in HNC
- 9:50pm-10:10pm: The Importance of the Multidisciplinary Team in Dysphagia Management
- 10:10pm-10:15pm: Future Directions
- 10:15pm-10:30pm: Discussion; Question & Answer
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org