Tracheostomy/Mechanical Ventilation Management: COVID-19 Edition – Live Webinar
Presented by: George Barnes, MS, CCC-SLP
October 28th, 2020
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- List the various barriers to PO intake involved with people who have tracheostomy and mechanical ventilation
- Identify the disease process of COVID-19 and its trajectory
- Describe what comprehensive care looks like for this population and how outcomes can be improved
- 8:30 PM -8:40 PM: Introduction
- 8:40 PM- 8:55 PM: COVID-19 as a disease process
- 8:55 PM – 9:15 PM: The risks and how to stay safe
- 9:15 PM – 9:25 PM: Tracheostomy/Mechanical Ventilation: The basics
- 9:25 PM – 9:45 PM: Bedside Swallowing Evaluation in a crisis
- 9:45 PM – 10:00 PM: Managing patients with COVID-19 and Tracheostomy/Mechanical Ventilation
- 10:00 PM – 10:15 PM: Big takeaways
- 10:15 PM – 10:30 PM: Q&A
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area)
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com