The MedSLP Collective Spring Summit 2022 (Pediatrics)
Sunday, May 15, 2022
11 AM EST – 7 PM EST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe key elements for the assessment of pediatric feeding disorders, and augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
- Identify evidence-based treatment approaches targeting pediatric dysphagia and brain injury.
- List ways to establish relationships with caregivers to support developmental outcomes across multiple domains.
- 11:00-11:30 AM EST: Affect, Connection, and Feeding: How relationships play a role in feeding from infancy on.
- 11:30-12:00 PM EST: Considerations of Thickened Liquid Use in Infant Populations
- 12:00-12:30 PM EST: Fed with Telemed: Ethics and Considerations
- 12:30-1:00 PM EST: Optimizing Development for Infants with Intrauterine Opioid Exposure in the First Year of Life
- 1:00-1:15 PM EST: Break
- 1:15-1:45 PM EST: Children Born Preterm: Understanding Developmental Outcomes and Supporting Families
- 1:45-2:15 PM EST: Barriers and Solutions to Providing Quality Care for Infants and Pediatric Patients with Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- 2:15-2:45 PM EST: What’s Happening? Embryological and Fetal Development of Senses for Pediatric Feeding
- 2:45-3:15 PM EST: Special Considerations in Teenage Brain Injury
- 3:15-3:45 PM EST: Break
- 3:45-4:15 PM EST: Baby Led Feeding:Perspectives & Strategies for Success
- 4:15-4:45 PM EST: Infant Feeding Physiology & Function: What is Normal?
- 4:45-5:15 PM EST: Cutting the Cord:The Impact of Tethered Oral Tissues on Infants & Toddlers
- 5:15-5:45 PM EST: Bottle Aversions: How They Develop and How To Overcome Them
- 5:45-6:00 PM EST: Break
- 6:00-6:30 PM EST: Pediatric AAC Assessment
- 6:30-7:00 PM EST: Management of Infants with BRUE and Aspiration for the Pediatric SLP
Erin Forward, MSP, CCC-SLP, CLC, Basic DIRFloortime® Provider
Memorie Gosa, PhD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S
Alyson Ware, MS, CCC-SLP, CLC
Erin Redle Sizemore, PhD CCC-SLP
Caitlin McCormick Imgrund, PhD, CCC-SLP
Rebecca Smith, M.S.,CCC-SLP, CLC
Ruth Stonestreet, Ph.D.,CCC-SLP Professor Emerita,Fellow-ASHA,Fellow NAP,BCS-CL
Rebecca Flowers, MS, CCC-SLP
Ramya Kumar, MS.CCC-SLP, BCS-S, CNT, IBCLC, NTMTC
Katlyn Elizabeth McGrattan, PhD, CCC-SLP
Hallie Bulkin, M.A.,CCC-SLP, COM
Neina Ferguson, Ph.D,CCC-SLP
Katie Threlkeld, M.S.,CCC-SLP
Kara Fletcher Larson, M.S.,CCC-SLP
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The MedSLP Collective Spring Summit 2022 (Pediatrics) – Live Summit Registration: