Speech-Language Pathologists as Advocates, Activists and Aides
Presented by: Dorian Lee-Wilkerson, PhD, CCC-SLP
July 28th, 2021
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Identify the professional roles of advocacy, activism, and aide that reflect practice at the top of the license.
- Describe the ways the professional roles of advocacy, activism, and aide support inclusive practices
- Describe the ways the professional roles of advocacy, activism, and aide enhance clinical outcomes
- 8:30 PM -8:40 PM: Introduction
- 8:40 PM- 8:55 PM: Practice at the top of license: Fulfilling our roles as advocates, activists and aides
- 8:55 PM – 9:15 PM: Applying models of disability: Defining our professional roles
- 9:15 PM – 9:25 PM: Applying inclusive practices: Meeting the needs of the diverse populations we serve
- 9:25 PM – 9:45 PM: Case exploration – contrasting models and practices in breakout rooms
- 9:45 PM – 10:00 PM: Discussion and Q&A
- 10:00 PM – 10:15 PM: Case exploration – contrasting models and practice in breakout rooms
- 10:15 PM – 10:30 PM: Discussion and Q&A
Dorian Lee-Wilkerson, PhD, CCC-SLP is an associate professor and department chair of the Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders at Hampton University. She is an ASHA fellow and former Chair of ASHA’s Multicultural Issues Board. Her areas of scholarship include cultural competence, substance abuse and scholarship of teaching.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar live in zoom to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you after the presentation. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion for the quiz. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria above and by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech-Language Pathologists as Advocates, Activists and Aides – Live Webinar Registration:
Course is closed.