Pediatric Motor Speech Disorders (MSDs) – Recording
Presented by: Katie Threlkeld, M.S., CCC-SLP
COURSE AVAILABLE JULY 1, 2022 – JULY 1, 2026
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe the differential diagnosis process for childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) and childhood dysarthria (CD).
- Describe the principles of motor learning (PML) and how it relates to the management of pediatric motor speech disorders.
- Identify three intervention approaches for CAS and three intervention approaches for CD.
- 0-10 minutes: Introduction
- 10-20 minutes: Intro to Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- 20-40 minutes: Assessment of CAS Childhood Dysarthria
- 40-60 minutes: Treatment and Management of CAS
- 60-80 minutes: Childhood Dysarthria (CD)
- 80-90 minutes: Assessment of CD
- 90-110 minutes: Treatment and Management of CD
- 110-120 minutes: Summary and Q&A
Katie Threlkeld, M.S., CCC-SLP is a speech-language pathologist and doctoral candidate at the University of Missouri. Her clinical speciality skills are in the areas of motor speech disorders, AAC, and aural rehabilitation across the lifespan.
Katie receives a salary from Forbes AAC. She also receives a consulting fee from the Medical SLP Collective for a mentor role. Katie will receive a speaking fee from the Medical SLP Collective for this presentation. Katie receives a graduate assistantship from the University of Missouri.
Katie is a member of ASHA and ISAAC.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org