Management of Vocal Fold Paralysis/Paresis for the Speech Language Pathologist – Live Webinar
Presented by: Carly Schiff, M.S., CCC-SLP
August 26, 2020
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe differences between vocal fold paralysis and paresis
- Identify most common etiologies of vocal fold paralysis/paresis
- Describe nerve innervation as it relates to vocal fold paralysis/paresis
- Identify best way to evaluate for vocal fold paralysis/paresis and what signs to look for during assessment/diagnosis
- Describe top 3 common interventions for vocal fold paralysis/paresis and discuss factors that determine choice of treatment
- 8:30pm-8:35pm: Introduction
- 8:35pm-9:10pm: Etiology of Vocal Fold Paralysis/Paresis
- 9:10pm-9:20pm: Diagnosing and Assessing Vocal Fold Paralysis/Paresis
- 9:20pm-9:40pm: Treatment options for Vocal Fold Paralysis/Paresis and determining which is best
- 9:40pm-10:00pm: Voice Therapy for Vocal Fold Paralysis/Paresis
- 10:00pm-10:20pm: Voice Therapy demonstration
- 10:20pm-10:30pm: Summary and Q&A
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, professional area)
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion on the course page and my account page. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org