Laryngopharyngeal Sensory Loss in Patients with COPD - Live Webinar
Presented by: Eric Blicker CCC-SLP.D BCS-S
September 30, 2020
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Define chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and three basic characteristics.
- Describe how motor and sensory functions are measured endoscopically.
- List three possible etiologies for laryngopharyngeal sensory loss in the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease population.
- 8:30 pm-8:40 pm: Introduction
- 8:40 pm- 8:55 pm: Understanding COPD
- 8:55 pm- 9:10 pm: Supra-glottic Sensory Nerve Innervation
- 9:10 pm-9:25 pm: Laryngopharyngeal Sensory Discrimination Testing
- 9:25 pm- 9:40 pm: Laryngopharyngeal Sensory Loss and Dysphagia Characteristics
- 9:40 pm-9:55 pm: Motor and Sensory Dysfunction for COPD Patients with Dysphagia
- 9:55 pm-10:15 pm: Causes of Laryngopharyngeal Sensory Loss in Patients with COPD
- 10:15 pm-10:30 pm: Questions and answers
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, professional area)
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion on the course page and my account page. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com