AAC and Tobii Dynavox – Journal Club Recording
Presented by: Marleah Herman-Umpleby, M.S., CCC-SLP and Jessica Lasky, MS, CCC-SLP
Course Valid from August 1, 2021 to August 1, 2026
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Identify potential Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) users and the types of technology available to support their complex communication needs.
- Identify the best selection method to assess motor control for a candidate for AAC
- Describe how the Tobii Dynavox (TD) Ecosystem supports professionals and clients from assessment to device implementation
- Identify the best selection method to assess motor control for a candidate for AAC.
- Minutes 0-5: Introduction of AAC and DynaVox
- Minutes 5-15: A brief history of AAC based off of a summary articles/article
- Minutes 15-20: AAC products on the market
- Minutes 20-55: DynaVox presentation
- Minutes 55-60: Q&A
Jessica Lasky, MS, CCC-SLP is a medical SLP who practices in Phoenix Arizona. She works in a variety of settings including a trauma 1 hospital, a high-level rehab, and owns and operates her own mobile FEES business. Jessica is passionate about evidence-based practice, ethics, and providing patients with the highest quality care possible.
Jessica Lasky will receive an honorarium for this webinar from the Medical SLP Collective. She is the owner of Mobile Scope PLLC.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar live to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you after the presentation. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
AAC and Tobii Dynavox Journal Club Registration: