Dysphagia in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) – Live Webinar
Presented by: Kendrea L. (Focht) Garand, PhD, CScD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S, CBIS, CCRE
October 27th, 2021
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Learners will explain how Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) impacts swallowing safety and efficiency.
- Participants will list components of a clinical examination to assess swallowing in ALS that also included the role of speech-language pathologist.
- Attendees will integrate appropriate rationale for targeted compensatory strategies for dysphagia in ALS.
- Learners will describe best evidence available to support use of exercise in ALS.
- 8:30 PM -8:40 PM: Introduction and Disclosures
- 8:40 PM- 9:00 PM: Impact of ALS on swallowing function
- 9:00 PM – 9:20 PM: Assessment of dysphagia in ALS
- 9:20 PM – 9:40 PM: Dysphagia management in ALS
- 9:40 PM – 9:50 PM: Oral health
- 9:50 PM – 10:00 PM: Alternative nutrition
- 10:00 PM – 10:10 PM: Ethical considerations
- 10:10 PM – 10:15 PM: Conclusions
- 10:15 PM – 10:30 PM: Q&A
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
Dysphagia in ALS – Live Webinar Registration: