Culturally Responsive Gender Affirming Voice & Communication
Presented by: Sandy Hirsch, MS, CCC-SLP and Oneida Chi, MS, CCC-SLP
March 24, 2021
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe five terms used by Trans and gender diverse people
- List two examples of cultural competence and humility
- Identify three ways that gender affirming voice clients can modify their resonance
- Describe how to apply the Acoustic Assumptions to resonance modification
- 8:30 PM -8:40 PM: Introduction
- 8:40 PM- 8:55 PM: Terminology and Basics Trans 101
- 8:55 PM – 9:15 PM: Case study & microaggression
- 9:15 PM – 9:35 PM: Cultural humility and competency across cultures, intersectional identities
- 9:35 PM – 9:45 PM: Art & science of resonance across cultures
- 9:45 PM – 10:00 PM: Acoustic Assumptions explained
- 10:00 PM – 10:15 PM: Acoustic assumptions demonstrated
- 10:15 PM – 10:30 PM: Q&A
Sandy Hirsh will receive an honorarium for this webinar from the Medical SLP Collective. She is the Owner of Give Voice in Seattle, Washington and receives royalties from Plural Publishing Alder, Hirsch and Pickering.
Oneida Chi will receive an honorarium for this webinar from the Medical SLP Collective, and has Intellectual Property Rights for Bay Area Outspoken Speech Services.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Culturally Responsive Gender Affirming Voice & Communication – Live Webinar Registration: