Update on Pediatric Thickening Practices – Recording
Memorie M. Gosa, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BCS-S
COURSE AVAILABLE MARCH 1, 2024 – MARCH 1, 2029
After this course, you will be able to…
- List the published, approved age ranges for commercially available thickening agents.
- Identify potential allergens in common thickening agents.
- Discuss the factors that can influence the thickness of formula and expressed breast milk when mixed with commercially available thickening agents.
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
- 0-10 Minutes: Introduction
- 10-30 Minutes: To thicken or not to thicken, that is the question- Clinical indications for thickening in pediatric populations
- 30-45 Minutes: Review of common, clinical thickening practices for pediatric populations
- 45-60 Minutes: Options for thickening- reviewing commercially available thickening agents for pediatric populations and their ingredients
- 60-90 Minutes: What's new? Reviewing recently published literature about thickening practices for pediatric populations
- 90-105 Minutes: Case review- To thicken or not to thicken??
- 105-120 Minutes: Q&A
Speaker Information and Disclosures
Dr. Memorie Gosa is a pediatric speech-language pathologist, board certified specialist in swallowing and swallowing disorders, and associate professor and chair of the Communicative Disorders Department at The University of Alabama. She has more than twenty years of clinical and research experience in pediatric dysphagia. Her research focuses on establishing the reliability and validity of common assessments and treatments used in pediatric dysphagia. She is co-editor of the textbook, Assessing and Treating Dysphagia: A Lifespan Perspective.
Medical SLP Collective – Honoraria
Royalties from Thieme
Salary from The University of Alabama, Druid City Hospital, and LeBonheur Children's Hospital
Editorial Board Member of the American Journal of Speech-Langauge Pathology (AJSLP)
Chair of Candidacy Committee & Chair-Elect of the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA)
Can I get ASHA CEUS for this Course?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be available to you after the presentation in the course area. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion inside your course area.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com