The Association of Post-Concussion and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms after mild Traumatic Brain Injury – Journal Club
Presented by: Carianne Berge, M.S. CCC-SLP and Jessica Lasky, MS, CCC-SLP
CANCELLED – WILL BE RESCHEDULED
After this journal club, you will be able to…
- Identify patients who are at higher risk for lower quality of life following a mild traumatic brain injury.
- Describe symptoms related to post-concussion syndrome.
- Describe clinical overlaps in symptom presentation for patients following a mild traumatic brain injury with and without post-concussion and/or post-traumatic stress disorder.
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
• Minutes 8:30-8:35 PM ET: Introduction of topic, articles being covered, and presenters
• Minutes 8:35-8:45 PM ET: An overview of post-concussion and post-traumatic stress disorder following a mild traumatic brain injury as it relates to the medical SLP
• Minutes 8:45-9:28 PM ET: Educational dialogue regarding the role of the medical SLP for patients with co-occurring post-concussion and post-traumatic stress disorder along with Q and A
• Minutes 9:28-9:30 PM ET: Conclusionary information
Speaker Information and Disclosures:
Carianne Berge, M.S. CCC-SLP is a Speech and Language Pathologist at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. She works in the Outpatient Neuro-Rehabilitation Center, specializing in cognitive rehabilitation with victims of domestic violence. Carianne's work also involves providing functional cognitive education and training to victims residing in domestic violence shelters. She is participating in a research study examining the effects of cognitive retraining on multiple concussions in victims of domestic violence.
Carianne earned BA and BS degrees in Human Communication and Psychology, and a MS in speech-language pathology from Arizona State University. She is licensed in Arizona and Nevada
Medical SLP Collective-Honoraria, Barrow Neurological Institute, BRAINS Grant
Jessica Lasky is a medical Speech-Language Pathologist that specializes in dysphagia and the adult and geriatric populations. Jessica has worked in nearly every setting possible from outpatient neuro rehabilitation, stroke, and trauma 1 hospitals, acute rehab facilities, and SNFs.
MobileScope – owner, endoscopist, receives salary
Evolutionary Education Solutions – owner, educational SLP, receives salary
Medical SLP Collective – mentor, educational SLP, receives salary
ArSHA Medical Committee – board member
ASHA – member
Can I get ASHA CEUS for this Course?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be available to you after the presentation in the course area. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion inside your course area.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org