SLPs and the Endotracheal Tube in ICU: Dysphagia and Dysphonia – Replay Webinar
Presented by: Martin B. Brodsky, PhD, ScM, CCC-SLP, F-ASHA
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe three different types of laryngeal injury found post-extubation from endotracheal intubation in the (intensive care unit) ICU.
- Describe the clinical indicators necessary for screening swallowing in patients post-extubation in ICU.
- List three considerations for instrumental evaluations and treatment recommendations in patients post-extubation in ICU.
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be available to you after the presentation in the course area. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion inside your course area.
Speaker Information and Disclosures
- 0-15 minutes: Orientation to the ICU, equipment, and common abbreviations
- 15-25 minutes: Orientation to the intubated patient
- 25-50 minutes: Considerations for screening and completing a clinical evaluation
- 50-70 minutes: Considerations for instrumental examinations
- 70-90 minutes: Considerations for treatment and recommendations
- 90-120 minutes: Q&A
Can I get ASHA CEUS for this Course?
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org