A Review of Upper Esophageal Dysphagia – Live Journal Club
Presented by: Julie Huffman, MA, CCC-SLP and Jessica Lasky, MS, CCC-SLP
NOVEMBER 9, 2022 at 8:30 PM EST
After this journal club, you will be able to…
- Identify what constitutes upper esophageal dysphagia
- Discuss different impairments that can lead to upper esophageal dysphagia
- Describe the role of the speech-language pathologist (SLP) in identification and treatment of upper esophageal dysphagia.
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
- 8:30-8:35 PM EST: Introduction of topic, articles being covered, and presenters
- 8:35-8:45 PM EST: An overview of upper esophageal dysphagia
- 8:45-9:28 PM EST: Educational dialogue regarding upper esophageal impairments leading to dysphagia along with Q and A
- 9:28-9:30 PM EST: Conclusionary information
Speaker Information and Disclosures
Julie Huffman is a practicing clinician with 28 years of experience in medical speech-language pathology. She works at UNC Rex Hospital in Raleigh, NC, where she is a treating clinician and serves as the clinical preceptor and supervisor for SLP staff throughout the continuum of care. Julie has taught on esophageal disorders, dysphagia and FEES nationally and internationally for over 17 years and is a huge advocate for evidenced-based practice. Julie is passionate about promoting and supporting SLPs to be confident and competent experts in our field. Julie’s clinical interests include comprehensive dysphagia evaluation and management, the GI system, voice, VCD, chronic cough, FEES and MBS. Julie is a graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Employee of UNC Rex Hospital
- Sole proprietor of JulieHuffmanslp (private courses and social media platforms)
- Mentor for MedSLP Collective
- Julie has no non-financial disclosures.
Jessica Lasky is a medical Speech-Language Pathologist that specializes in dysphagia and the adult and geriatric populations. Jessica has worked in nearly every setting possible from outpatient neuro rehabilitation, stroke, and trauma 1 hospitals, acute rehab facilities, and SNFs.
Jessica receives a salary from Mobile Scope, Neuro RehabCare, the MedSLP Collective, and Evolutionary Education Solutions. She also receives a consulting fee from the MedSLP Collective. Jessica retains intellectual property rights from Evolutionary Education Solutions. Finally, Jessica has ownership interest in both Mobile Scope and Evolutionary Education Solutions.
Can I get ASHA CEUS for this Course?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be available to you after the presentation in the course area. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion inside your course area.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com