Alexia: Theoretical Perspectives, Assessment, and Treatment – Live Webinar
Presented by: Brett McCardel, MS, CCC-SLP
February 17th, 2020
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe how impairments to specific components of the Dual Route Cascaded model of reading may affect reading abilities
- Identify at least 2 assessments and treatment approaches for reading at each the single word-level, sentence-level, and paragraph-level
- Identify at least 2 assistive technology tools that may be used by people with alexia
- 8:30 PM -8:40 PM: Introduction to Alexia
- 8:40 PM- 9:00 PM: Explaining the Dual Route Cascaded Model of Reading
- 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM: Assessment and Treatment at the Single Word-Level
- 9:30 PM – 9:50 PM: Assessment and Treatment at the Sentence-Level
- 9:50 PM – 10:00 PM: Assessment and Treatment at the Paragraph/Discourse-Level
- 10:00 PM – 10:07 PM: Assistive Technology for Alexia
- 10:07 PM – 10:15 PM: Life Participation Considerations
- 10:15 PM – 10:30 PM: Q&A
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you. Once completed, we will email you a certificate of completion within 48 hours. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexia: Theoretical Perspectives, Assessment, and Treatment – Live Webinar Registration: