Agraphia: Theoretical Perspectives, Assessment, and Treatment
Presented by: Brett McCardel, MS, CCC-SLP
August 26th, 2021
8:30 PM EST / 7:30 PM CST / 6:30 PM MST / 5:30 PM PST
After this webinar, you will be able to…
- Describe how impairments to specific components of the Cognitive Neuropsychological model of writing may affect writing abilities
- Identify at least 2 assessments and treatment approaches for agraphia
- Identify at least 2 assistive technology tools that may be used by people with agraphia
- 8:30 PM -8:40 PM: Introduction to Agraphia
- 8:40 PM- 9:00 PM: Explaining the Cognitive Neuropsychological Model of Writing
- 9:00 PM – 9:45 PM: Assessment and Treatment at the Single Word-Level
- 9:30 PM – 9:50 PM: Assessment and Treatment at the Sentence-Level
- 9:50 PM – 10:00 PM: Assessment and Treatment at the Paragraph/Discourse-Level
- 10:00 PM – 10:07 PM: Assistive Technology for Agraphia
- 10:07 PM – 10:15 PM: Life Participation Considerations
- 10:15 PM – 10:30 PM: Q&A
Brett McCardel, MS, CCC-SLP, is the owner and founder of Archways – Aphasia Rehabilitation Services, a private practice that specializes in providing speech and language services to people with aphasia. He has worked with people with aphasia across the continuum of care and across a variety of service-delivery models (including telehealth and intensive aphasia programs). He is passionate about aphasia advocacy and promoting a Life Participation Approach to Aphasia.
Additional Info and FAQ:
Can I get continuing education for this webinar?
After watching the webinar, you will need to pass a short quiz with at least 80% accuracy and attend the full webinar live in zoom to obtain credit for your participation. The link to the quiz will be emailed to you after the presentation. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion for the quiz. You have 14 days to complete the test.
If you'd like to earn ASHA CEUs for the presentation, we can report your completion to ASHA. ASHA CEUs are awarded to those that meet eligibility criteria above and by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the ASHA CEU Participant Form from the ASHA Approved CE Provider.
What is the Refund/Cancellation Policy?
Click here to view our policy: https://medslpcollective.com/cancellation-of-courses-and-events/
What can I do if I have a complaint?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is this webinar appropriate for?
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com
Agraphia: Theoretical Perspectives, Assessment, and Treatment- Live Webinar Registration: