Speech Language Pathologist – SNF – Full-Time
EncompassCare, a provider of post-acute therapy services, clinical counseling, and ancillary nursing services, is seeking a compassionate and driven Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team in Corry, PA. This is a full time position with the benefits outlined below!
- Promotion opportunities – We know we have leaders just waiting for an opportunity within our company. We look internally for them when leadership positions become available!
- Flexibility – We understand how difficult it can be to find a job that balances your time with school, kids, or other priorities. We’ll do our best to provide flexible options that work with your schedule.
- Education/Learning – We provide unlimited access to a large online database of courses, most of which have CEUs attached, to all of our employees. As well as Zoom CEU courses presented by your co-workers!
- Competitive benefit package – Includes PTO, 401(k) with match, Health, Dental, Vision, Licensure Reimbursements and much more!
What we look for in a SLP
- Experience – If you’ve had a job or experience in a position with similar goals and responsibilities we’d love to connect with you.
- Skills – We’re looking for individuals that are compassionate, team players, social, trustworthy and service-minded.
- Characteristics – We’re looking for individuals that are self-motivated, dependable, ethical, and ready to jump in and provide outstanding care and customer service to our residents.
EncompassCare provides therapy in geriatric healthcare settings that produces measurable outcomes through therapy interventions to truly make a difference in someone’s life. We treat each individual on the basis of his/her personal goals, medical conditions, and targeted discharge environment to create a personalized care plan to meet the needs of our residents and patients.
Along with our family focused culture and outstanding working environment, we offer an excellent compensation and benefit package for our Speech Therapists/SLPs. We offer licensing fees reimbursement, experienced clinical support and mentoring, 401k with company match, and a competitive PTO package.
Provides speech therapy services to patients in a skilled nursing environment by assessing patient needs and generating treatment programs with established goals.
EncompassCare believes each employee makes a significant contribution to the quality of life of our residents and the success of the organization. Employee contributions are not limited by assigned job responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline essential functions, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to the responsibilities identified. It is EncompassCare’s expectation that each individual will be flexible in offering their services to ensure the highest quality care to our residents and patients.
- Because EncompassCare exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care.
- Commitment to EncompassCare mission and values.
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up to greater than 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others.
- Leadership ability to take action and achieve results through others.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries, and equipment to supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
- Adheres to all policies of the company, including job description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards, and resident rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
- Communicates effectively and professionally while maintaining patient confidentiality when corresponding with patients, patients’ family, and other healthcare professionals.
- Performs and conducts work responsibilities and interactions in an honest, ethical, and cooperative manner using effective judgment and decision making.
- Provides speech therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with the facility procedures.
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention and/or treatment.
- Reviews physician’s referral (order), patient’s condition, and medical records to determine that speech therapy treatment is required.
- Evaluates residents to assess patient needs, conducts formal/informal assessments necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Plans and implements individualized treatment programs by identifying a target list, including short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents, families, and other team members.
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members.
- Monitors resident’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
- Develops appropriate home or facility programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment.
- Documents results of resident’s assessment, treatment, follow up and termination of services.
- Adapts/modifies resident’s individualized treatment plan to meet the needs of the resident.
- Provides, recommends, and fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment. Trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Instructs resident, family, and staff in appropriate speech language procedures or home program to allow carry-over of therapeutic remediation and goals in daily activities.
- Conducts and participates in patient education, education and public education activities.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and individual speech therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Prepares, maintains, and disseminates patient records and reports as mandated by regulatory agencies, physicians, and at the written request of the patient while maintaining patient confidentiality when corresponding with other healthcare professionals.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures, and productivity standards.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in evaluation, planning implementation, and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
- Assists with and participates in manual medical reviews as required.
- Maintains a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training, education classes and meetings as required.